Certified Nurse Aide (CNA)
Nursing Assistant SA-NA101-108 Nursing Assistant curriculum is designed to prepare students for careers in health care under the supervision of a licensed nurse. Students will learn the basic entry level nursing skills to work in the healthcare industry.
The course consists of 120 hours of both theory and clinical training in long-term care facilities. Both aspects of the program incorporate the Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1987 guidelines for Nursing Assistant education as well as the most current module requirement of the Virginia Department of Health Professions. Emphasis is placed on Nursing Assistant skills and functions and the psychological approach to care.Throughout the course, caring, understanding, respect for the individual,personal choice, and dignity of person and attitudes are conveyed to the Nurse Assistant. A Nursing Assistant will be involved in direct patient/resident care or assist with housekeeping and home health services.
Nursing Assistant: Program Objectives
At the end of the program, the student will be able to:
1. Define the term Nursing Assistant and be certified as a Nursing Assistant
2. List members of the health care team members and identify their roles
3. Demonstrate the ability to get along with other care team members
4. List positive personal qualities of a Nursing Assistant.
5. List ways the Nursing Assistant can avoid legal problems
6. Define the term ethics and list of violations of ethics
7. Discuss different health departments and how they relate to the Nursing Assistants
8. Locate and identify various departments of healthcare facilities.
9. Report to the class, research results of job opportunity and interviews
10. Describe the programs that pay for healthcare services.
11. Explain why standards are met
12. Describe the standards for Nursing Assistant developed by the National Council of State
Certified to Operate by the State Council of Higher Education for Virginia
Approved by the Virginia Board of Nursing
Salvation Academy Alexandria Branch
4609 Pinecrest Office Park Drive
Alexandria, VA 22312
United States of America