Salvation Academy Alexandria Branch
4613 Pinecrest Office Park Drive
Alexandria, VA 22312
United States of America
Nursing Assistant / Personal care Assistant CAN/PCA
Do you have passion for seniors? If so, being a Salvation Academy, care giver will give you the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others, through companionship, Meal preparation, Light housekeeping, Medication reminded, personal care assistance.
OBJECTIVE: Assists Residents with necessary tasks and functions in
Compliance with Salvation Academy policies, procedures, and applicable health care standards
Salvation Academy Certified Nurse’s Aide/Personal Care Assistant will functions as a member of the health care team under the direction of our Registered Nurses and LPN’s
They must report to the Nursing Supervisor in conformity with Salvation Academy policies and procedures.
1. Candidate must have current and valid Virginia Nurse Aide Certification for Nursing Assistants or Department of medical Assistance DMAS Personal Care Assistant certificate
2. Must be at least 18 years of age.
3. Compassionate, mature, sympathetic and professional at all times.
4. Good organization and communication skills
5. Ability to read, write, understand and carry out directions.
6. The candidate must successfully complete any/all required pre‐employment evaluation test(s) per policy.
7. Candidate will have the physical ability to perform job‐related duties, which may require lifting, standing bending,
Transferring, stooping, stretching, walking, pushing and pulling.
8. A health examination must be successfully completed prior to assignment to verify that he/she is free from communicable disease and physically capable of performing assigned duties.
9. Six consecutive full time months of CNA experience post certification in long term care.
Assists patients in the following areas:
1. Personal care functions including:
a. Bathing (bed, tub, shower or sponge bath)
b. Skin Care
c. Toileting (bedpan, urinal, commode and/or toilet)
d. Grooming (shampoo, nail care & shaving)
e. Oral Hygiene (denture care)
f .Assist with dressing and undressing
2. Assists with feeding of residents.
3. Measuring and recording intake and output.
4. Weigh residents using upright, chair and bed scale.
5. Assists in turning and positioning of residents.
6. Proper transfer techniques.
7. Demonstrates appropriate knowledge for safe use of medical equipment (cane, crutches, walkers, Hoyer Lift, side rails, brace, splints, oxygen).
8. Helps keep residents’ rooms clean and supplied.
9. Make and change beds (unoccupied and occupied).
10. Transports residents, supplies and equipment as needed.
11. Assists nurses and other personnel as needed.
12. Ambulate residents who require minimal assistance.
13. Simple, non‐sterile dressings.
14. Perform skin assessment and notify RN of any abnormalities in skin integrity.
15. Applies heat or cold compression as directed by a RN.
16. Answer residents calls and takes appropriate action.
17. Collects and labels specimens (urine, stool, sputum).
18. Measures and records vital signs/weights and reports variations in vital signs to RN.
19. Immediately reports any changes in client’s condition or incidents to the Nursing Supervisor.
20. Participates in care conferences with other members of the healthcare team as appropriate
21. Maintains confidentiality in relation to all clients, healthcare staff and documentation.
22. Meets annual in-service requirements in accordance with Agency policy and state regulations.
23. Maintains and enhances skill through attending appropriate staff development training
24. Appearance is professional and complies with agency dress code.
25. Maintains a cooperative manner towards client/family and all members of the healthcare team.
Signature Acknowledging Receipt
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
I am submitting this form by electronic means. By signing the employment application form electronically, I certify that my answers are correct and complete to the best of my knowledge. Failure to provide correct information could result in refusal or even termination of employment
License Practical Nurse LPN
Do you have passion for seniors? If so, being a Salvation Academy, REGISTERED Nurse will give you the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others, through Companionship, Clinical Skills, Bedside Manner, Infection Control, Nursing Skills, Physiological Knowledge, Administering Medication, Medical Teamwork, Multi-tasking, Listening, Verbal Communication, Health Promotion and Maintenance.
JOB DESCRIPTION LPN
1. To provide quality resident care to geriatric and disabled individuals as specified on individualized resident care plan and assignment sheets according to Salvation Academy policies, procedures, and objectives of Salvation Academy.
2. To provide a safe environment to the resident in the comfort of their Home.
3. Under general supervision of the Registered Nurse, provides routine nursing & personal care services for residents with complex medical diagnose in the comfort of their homes.
1. Must have current state of Virginia license as a practical nurse or have certification of license pending.
2. Must have working knowledge of practical nursing theories & policies.
3. Must attend & complete orientation class.
4. Must have physical exam & 2 tuberculosis in skin tests (chest x-ray if positive reactor )within
10 days of beginning employment.
5. Must be able to safely perform the essential job functions wit h or without reasonable accommodation.
6. Must be neat & well groomed & adhere to dress code of the Agency.
7. Requires ability to communicate effectively both orally & in writing with residents, families, the public & other staff of the Nursing Home.
8. Requires ability to read & write English & document observations.
9. Requires excel lent assessment skills.
10. requires organizational & decision making abilities.
11. Requires flexibility & good time management ski l ls.
12. Requires ability to establish & maintain a working relationship with professional & non-professional personnel, residents, families & the general public.
13. Must attend In-service Education programs & meet facility In-service requirements.
14. Must have current cardiopulmonary resuscitation certification.
15. Must act as a role model for non-professional staff.
PHYSICAL/SENSORY/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:- Physical Strength:
Ability to transfer , lift , move, turn and assist a resident to or from a bed, wheelchair , cardiac chair , lounge chair, Alzheimer chair , geriatric chair , Hoyer lift , toilet , commode, tub, shower and Swedish tub and occasionally from the floor. This requires varying degrees of pushing, pulling, lifting and turning due to the differences in resident weights which could be over 100 pounds and ability to transfer , lift , push, move equipment such as digital scale, furniture, shower chair, wheelchair, cardiac chair, etc.
Registered Nurse RN
Do you have passion for seniors? If so, being a Salvation Academy, REGISTERED Nurse will give you the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others, through Companionship, Clinical Skills, Bedside Manner, Infection Control, Nursing Skills, Physiological Knowledge, Administering Medication, Medical Teamwork, Multi-tasking, Listening, Verbal Communication, Health Promotion and Maintenance
Registered Nurse Job Responsibilities:
Promotes and restores patients' health by completing the nursing process; collaborating with physicians and multidisciplinary team members; providing physical and psychological support to patients, friends, and families; supervising assigned team members.
Registered Nurse Job Duties:
•Identifies patient care requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual patients and other persons in a position to understand care requirements.
•Establishes a compassionate environment by providing emotional, psychological, and spiritual support to patients, friends, and families.
•Promotes patient's independence by establishing patient care goals; teaching patient, friends, and family to understand condition, medications, and self-care skills; answering questions.
•Assures quality of care by adhering to therapeutic standards; measuring health outcomes against patient care goals and standards; making or recommending necessary adjustments; following hospital and nursing division's philosophies and standards of care set by state board of nursing, state nurse practice act, and other governing agency regulations.
•Resolves patient problems and needs by utilizing multidisciplinary team strategies.
•Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations; calling for assistance from health care support personnel.
•Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols, medication administration and storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations.
•Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
•Maintains continuity among nursing teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
•Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
•Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
•Maintains nursing supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies; using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
•Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
•Maintains a cooperative relationship among health care teams by communicating information; responding to requests; building rapport; participating in team problem-solving methods.
•Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Physical Therapist/ Physical Therapy Aide PT/PA
Do you have passion for patients? If so, being a Salvation Academy, physical Therapist or physical Therapy Aide will give you the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others, by combining clerical responsibilities with some medical oriented and interpersonal and patient care.
Job Description of Physical Therapy
Our Physical therapists are the key recovery pathways for our patients who are recuperating from injuries, illnesses, and surgery. They must work with our patients to help them regain movement and manage pain, in the comfort of their homes.
Must be fully licensed to practice therapy and treatment on patients, and doing so often helps patients reclaim their lives, their momentum, and their contentment.
Physical Therapy Aide
Physical therapy aides and assistants are typically entry-level roles in the field. However, it’s important to note that physical therapy aides and assistants have different responsibilities. The role of an assistant often requires a specific degree and certification or licensure in Virginia.
Job description of a Physical Therapy Aide
While a physical therapy aide is not a licensed practitioner, they are still a crucial part of a physical therapy team because they help our physical therapists deliver quality care to our patients. They work in the behind the scenes, in hands on projects, and coordinators of all the jobs the physical therapy performs.
The Responsibilities of Physical Therapy Aide
The responsibilities and duties of physical therapy aide include:
a. Preparing for upcoming therapy sessions by organizing the treatment locations based on the patient’s needs
b. Clean therapy area and set up any needed and necessary equipment
c. Watch the patient’s development during therapy sessions and make notes on how the patient is responding. Therapists and physical therapy aides use these notes and reports to evaluate the usefulness and helpfulness of specific treatments for patients.
d. Help patients move from one area of therapy to another – aides should have physical strength because they may have to move several immobile patients each day. Aides are there to help patients walk, push them in wheelchairs, or assist in sitting and standing. They are even sometimes responsible for helping to pick them up and move them to another location
e. Fulfill office and clerical duties, such as ordering supplies, answering phone calls, taking appointments, calling patients, and helping complete and file insurance paperwork hen and where necessary.
This position is not strictly a clerical role, but does combine clerical responsibilities with some medical oriented and interpersonal and patient care. It is a role that requires organizational skills, as well as the ability to be flexible and reliable.
Occupational Therapist OT
Speech Therapist OT:
DOWNLOAD APPLICATION HERE