Salvation Academy Alexandria Branch
4613 Pinecrest Office Park Drive
Alexandria, VA 22312
United States of America
DCJS Entry Level Security Officer - Unarmed
1. Course Orientation - 2 hours
2. Virginia Laws and Regulation Relating to private security services.- 4 hours
3. Security Patrol, Access Control, and Communications - 2 hours
4. Documentation - 4 hours
5. Emergency Procedures - 4 hours
6. Confrontation Management - 2 hours
1. At the completion of this course, students will understand the laws,and codes of
2. Understand all of the Virginia Department of Criminal Justice Services regulations regarding providing security services in Virginia
3. Understand the duties and responsibilities of private security officers
4. Understand the Code of Ethics
5. Understand the Virginia Law fundamentals (Constitution, Court Systems, due process, classifications of crimes, probable cause, search and seizure)
6. Understand the Civil liability
7. Understand How to provide courtroom testimony.
8. Understand Harrassment and discrimination.
9. Understand Security patrols, access control, perimeter patrol
10. Understand how to conduct proper property control
11. Understand Security equipment.
12. Understand defensive and control procedures
13. Understand alternatives to confrontation
14. Understand effective communication.
15. Understand report writing and field documentation.
16. Understand emergency procedures (fire, chemical hazard, medical, bombs, and natural disaster